Want to learn more about me? Discover my…
Favorite research labs
- The Center for Analysis and Design of Intelligent Agents (CADIA) is my former research lab at Reykjavik University. I worked with the great guys of the Socially Expressive Computing group.
- In 2012 I visited the Relational Agents Group (RAG) at Northeastern University, Boston, MA. They develop virtual agents capable of establishing socio-emotional relationships with their users.
- The MIT Media Lab is a continuous source of inspiration.
- My collaborators of the Human Media Interaction Lab at the University of Twente, The Netherlands, do great work in the field of HCI.
Blogs worth reading
- Explore key breakthroughs in science & technology on Kurzweil Network.
- Read about startup, programming , digital entrepreneurship and videogames on Raffaele Gaito‘s blog (in Italian).
- Learn about what’s going on in the universe on NASA‘s blogs.
- Get inspired by cross-disciplinary ideas and Brain Pickings.
- Learn: Duolingo is a completely free, gamified language learning site and app.
- Listen: Find millions of words pronounced in their original languages on Forvo.
- Expand: Get smarter and expand your vocabulary using Memrise.
- Practice: Connect with other learners in over 100 countries to practice a new language using My Language Exchange, or Meet up in person to converse in the language you wish to practice.
- Education: The Wikimedia Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to encouraging the growth, development and distribution of free, multilingual, educational content. Access a random article on Wikipedia.
- Environment: The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is an international NGO working in the field of the wilderness preservation.
- Healthcare: Médecins Sans Frontières, or Doctors Without Borders, is an international medical humanitarian NGO that operates in war-torn regions and developing countries facing endemic diseases.
- Lifestyle: The fun theory states that something as simple as fun is the easiest way to change people’s behaviour for the better.